The Ethiopian Graduate School of Theology (EGST) is pleased to announce admission for its joint PhD programme with Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VUA).
1. Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree in Theology or related studies (with theological components) from
EGST or an equivalent qualifcation from other recognised institutes of higher education.
2. Required score in IELTS or TOEFL.
3. Applicants must submit a 500-word proposal that clearly specifes their area of research.
4. Applicants must meet any additional requirements set by the EGST faculty and VUA.
5. Time and commitment: PhD studies take up to 4 years for full-time students.
Areas of Research
Applicants can submit research proposals in the following disciplines or areas.
• Biblical Studies
o Old Testament Studies
o New Testament Studies
o Christian Origins
• History of Christianity
• Systematic /Philosophical Theology
• Philosophy of Religion
• Mission Studies
• Practical Theology
• Public Theology
• Theology and Development
• Theology and Leadership
N.B. Acceptance of research proposals is subject to fnding qualifed and competent supervisors, who are willing and able to supervise a given dissertation topic.
1. Application forms can be collected from EGST Registrar’s Ofce for free or downloaded from EGST website
2. Completed application forms should be submitted to EGST Registrar’s Ofce along with credentials and
proposals within the deadline for initial assessment.
3. Applications can be submitted from 27 August – 28 September 2018.
4. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
267total visits,1visits today