The EGST Student Council represents the School’s student body and serves as the liaison between the student body and the EGST administration in general and the Head of Student Affairs in particular. The Student Council is also responsible for promoting community life and worship, organising student special events, representing student concerns to the administration, and putting together the annual EGST yearbook in consultation with the Head of Student Affairs/EGST Administration.
1. The Student Council consists of five-elected student representatives: one from each of the EGST programmes. A meeting of the whole student body elects the student representatives. All are elected for a three-semester period of service with a possible re-election. This election will take place every February during the second semester of the academic year. Nomination of candidates will be conducted at the end of the first semester of the academic year.
2. The Student Council elects its President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer and announces to the student body immediately.
- The Council President serves as Chairperson of the Student Council and student body meetings. He/she also acts as the spokesperson for the students and represents the student body at meetings of the EGST Faculty Council.
- In the absence of the President, the Vice President oversees the affairs of the student body and represents the Student Council in meetings, etc.
- The Secretary serves in organising documentation and taking minutes during meetings.
- The Treasurer is responsible for fundraising, managing expenses and keeping accurate accounts.
- The other member of the Council participates in meetings and supports the Council in different areas where he/she is needed.
3. The Student Council will meet at least once a month. A special meeting can be called by the Chairperson or upon the request of at least two of the Council members. Student Council may call meetings of the student body periodically or/and whenever necessary.
- The Student Council reports their meetings to and shares their minutes with the Head of Student Affairs.
- The Student Council is expected to update their progress to the student body quarterly.
4. The Student Council will discuss matters of general concern related to student life (i.e., questions concerning EGST facilities, cooperation between students and EGST leadership, academic matters, unity and fellowship of the student body, EGST development, etc.).
5. The Student Council will work in close co-operation with the Head of Student Affairs in order to act upon matters of common concern. Whenever the Student Council has requests and proposals involving academic and administrative matters, it must forward such requests and proposals through the Head of Student Affairs.
312total visits,4visits today