Dr. Desta Heliso earned his Ph.D. at London School of Theology and King’s College London, UK.
- Ph.D. in New Testament, King’s College (University of London) and London School of Theology (Brunel University), 2005. Dissertation: Pistis and the Righteous One: A Study of Romans 1:17 against the Background of Scripture and Second Temple Jewish Literature.
- Master of Theology, London School of Theology, Brunel University, 1998.
- Bachelor’s in Theology (Honours), London School of Theology, Brunel University, 1996.
He has worked at the Ethiopian Graduate School of Theology (EGST) since 2003, serving as lecturer, Dean of Studies, and Director. Having finished his term as Director in December 2015, he has returned to teaching and research at EGST. His areas of academic interest are Pauline Studies (particularly Romans), Jewish Literature of the Second Temple Period, and Christology. In addition to his role at EGST, Desta is involved in various activities within the Ethiopian Kale Heywet Church. He is also the current Chair of the Association for Christian Theological Education in Africa (ACTEA).
- Pistis and the Righteous One: A Study of Romans 1:17 against the Background of Scripture and Second Temple Jewish Literature, WUNT, Mohr Siebeck, 2007.
- “Enoch as the Son of Man,” in Swedish Missiological Themes. Uppsala: Swedish Institute of Missionary Research, 2008.
- “Divine Spirit and Human Spirit in Paul,” in The Spirit and Christ in the New Testament and Christian Theology. Edited by me. Howard Marshall, Volker Rabens, and Cornelis Bennema. Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 2012.
- “Theological Education in Ethiopia,“ in Handbook of Theological Education in Africa. Regnum Books International: Oxford, 2013, 164-174.
- “Third Stream Income: The Case of the Ethiopian Graduate School of Theology,’ in Evan Hunter (ed.), Insights Journal for Global Theological Education, 2015.
- “Paradoxes, Biblical Types, and the Incarnation in the Wǝddasse Maryam,“ in Thomas Oden (ed.), The Songs of Africa: The Ethiopian Canticles (forthcoming).
10945total visits,60visits today