Dr Bekele Deboch Anshiso serves EGST as coordinator of Spiritual activities (Chaplain) and Lecturer in New Testament and Mission studies. His current research focuses on the Uniqueness of the Miracles of Jesus in Mark’s Gospel. His previous research focused on the Identity of Jesus with the Marginalized and Liminal people in Mark’s Gospel.
Dr Bekele Deboch
Chaplain and Lecturer in New Testament and Mission studies
- PhD in the New Testament studies from Stellenbosch University (2016) Cape Town, SA.
- Dissertation: Jesus and the Marginalized and the Liminal: The Messianic Identity in Mark.
- MTh in Biblical Studies from Wales University (Spurgeon’s College) UK (2008). Dissertation: Discipleship in the Gospel of Mark
- BTh from the Evangelical Theological College, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (2002).
- BA (Honours) in Mission Studies from Open University (All Nations Christian College) (2006) UK.
Dr Bekele is married with a daughter and two sons. He is involved in the teaching and preaching ministries in his local (Lebu Kale Heywet) Church in Addis and in other denominations in the country. Before joining EGST, Bekele served as a director of Outreach Ministry and Field Education at the Evangelical Theological College.
- Deboch Anshiso, Bekele. Jesus’s Identification with the Marginalized and the Liminal: The Messianic Identity in Mark. Carlisle, UK: Langham Monographs, 2018.
- Deboch Anshiso, Bekele. Translated into Amharic and published: Discipleship in the Gospel of Mark, Ethiopia: Alpha Publishers, in 2010
- Deboch Anshiso, Bekele. Transilated into Amharic and published: Jesus’ Self-identification with the outcast in Mark’s Gospel, Ethiopia: Alpha Publishers, in 2017.
- “Do We Love Jesus or our Ministries first?” In a Year Book (2018) Ethiopian Graduate School of Theology, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- “Banquet of Grace: The Meaning and Significance of Jesus’ Table Fellowship with Sinners in the Synoptic Gospels” for the Book Project African Essays on Grace 2019.
- “In the Footsteps of Jesus (Mark 1:12-15)” In a Year Book (2019) Ethiopian Graduate School of Theology, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Lidetu A. Kefenie, Seblewengel D. Woldegiorgis, Misgana M. Detago, and Bekele D. Anshiso. “The Relationship between Human Flourishing and Religious Support in Ethiopian Evangelical Churches” Volume 45, Issue 2 of International Bulletin of Mission Research November, 2020.