The EGST Development and Communications Department facilitates EGST’s Community Engagement on evidence based practical interventions supported by research.
This call is made for MA/MTh Thesis Researchers from EGST on Gender, Health and Theology issues as well as Community Development and Theology with particular reference to the following areas:
- Maternal and Child Health Project which aims to improve women and children’s capability to access preventive health and antenatal care
- Church and Community Leaders Training and Empowerment on Gender, Health and Theology/Maternal and Child Health emphasizing:
- to increase gender balance through men and women’s participation in every step from needs assessment to implementation at all levels of issues related to Gender, Reproductive Health and Women Empowerment and Gender Based Violence in relation to theology as well as
- aiming to empower local church and community leaders to challenge gender inequalities and to promote child and maternal health
- Integration of Gender, Health and Theology in policy, research, training and grass root community services
- Roles and contributions of Faith Based Organizations (FBOs) to Social Protection for vulnerable community groups like children, women, disability…
- Challenges and prospects surrounding domestic workers employment and their conditions in family context
- Other related and relevant topics
The research is required to focus on theoretical and conceptual frameworks, policy and practices and outcome level issues in achieving set objectives in implementation.
Methodology: qualitative and/or quantitative with a reasonable balance in triangulation. Researchers need to check topics already researched and focus on new topics by discussing with their advisors
Interested and potential candidates can further discuss options with EGST Development and Communications Office. Successful candidates can get field work and related support.
Enquiries can be presented to; Ethiopian Graduate School of Theology (EGST)
EGST Development and Communications Office # 107, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0113690769
Pushkin Square, Sar Betoch, P.O.Box 24934, Code 1000, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia